We have an exciting opportunity to join us as a part time Grounds person.
This will be based on 16-24 hours per week to include working split shifts on a rota basis, Monday-Thursday daytime, Friday and Saturday night and Sunday daytime. Competitive rates of pay and benefits.
You will be managing the grounds of the stadium as part of the ground staff team, reporting to the Head Groundsman.
The successful candidate will have strong inter-personal skills and will be confident in dealing with a wide variety of jobs. If you have a willingness to work as a team with a can-do attitude and previous ground staff experience then this could be the job for you!
RATE OF PAY: £10.50 per hour
HOURS: 16-24 per week.
Duties to include
- Track Preparation
- Track Maintenance
- Sweeping of terraces and grounds
- Sheeting of Greyhound track
- General grounds maintenance to include, landscaping, cleaning and maintenance of grounds using various equipment and maintain already existing features in and around the grounds.
- Preparation of the Greyhound (sand) running surface, this will include on the job specialist training.
- Basic knowledge of all types of machinery
- Enjoy working outdoors and in all weathers
- Enjoy working in a team but also on your own initiative
- Able to work in a professional and responsible manner
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
To apply – email Andrewmasca@owlertonstadium.co.uk with your CV and covering email or by using the form on this page.