Welcome to your essential guide for planning your stag do ideas and hen party revelry at Sheffield’s premier destination for greyhound racing and dining.
Owlerton Stadium offers the perfect blend of excitement and entertainment, making it the go-to place to mark the soon-to-be nuptials of your favourite bride or groom.
From picking the perfect hen party outfit to creating a star-studded guestlist, our blog will walk you through every step of the planning process, ensuring your stag do or hen party at the track is a roaring success!
Top 5 Unique Stag and Hen Party Outfit Themes for 2024
A hen party or stag do idea isn’t complete without a themed entourage, all dressed to impress in the funniest outfits – The vibrant stag do and hen party outfit options are endless, but here are five of the most popular to get the creativity flowing:
1. Pub Golf
Transform the night into a lively and interactive experience, inviting participants to don their most outrageous golf attire.
Unleash your inner superhero and enjoy an epic night of caped crusading and heroic revelry as the stag do or hen party transforms into a league of extraordinary individuals.
Throw it back with a retro-themed party. Choose a specific era like the ’80s or ’90s and have everyone dress up in vintage outfits.
4. Movie Madness
Bring the big screen to life with a movie-themed party. Choose a favourite film or create a cinematic mashup with costumes, such as Grease’s Pink Ladies and T-Birds.
5. Cowgirls / Cowboys
Saddle up for a wild west adventure, as the stag do or hen party takes on a cowboy and cowgirl theme, where denim meets fringe.
Whether your stag or hen party outfit is channelling the charm of the Wild West, stepping back in time with retro vibes, or embracing your inner superhero, these themes set the stage for a fabulous night at the races.
Seamless Party Planning: Owlerton Stadium’s Packages
Want to really make your hen party or stag do one to remember? Add Owlerton’s Party Package to your booking!
Let our experienced team take the stress out of your hands, by organising the evening’s essentials – Our Party Package is just £75 per group and includes:
- Bottle of Prosecco
- Sponsored race
- Trophy presentation and photo
- Celebration cake
- Table decorations
- Special PA announcement
When you want to make a fuss, these make the perfect treat for the bride and groom!
Take it one step further by experiencing the excitement of the races from one of our VIP Boxes – providing a private space for up to 80 guests with dedicated waiting staff and table betting service, and a fully stocked mini-bar.
Not fancying a sit-down meal? Our trackside bites are an ideal alternative to a 3-course meal. From juicy burgers and chicken strips to loaded nachos and dirty fries, we’ve got delicious snacks for every stag do and hen party.
Sheffield Shindig: Why ‘Steel City’ is the Ultimate Destination
Perched in the heart of the UK, Sheffield is the ideal destination for stag do and hen party guests travelling from around the country! Our city is renowned for its vibrant nightlife, bustling bar and restaurant scene, stunning Peak walks, and of course, the Owlerton Stadium experience.
What’s more, Sheffield’s affordability (compared to bigger cities like Manchester and London) adds an extra touch of charm to Yorkshire’s hospitality – Perfect for an unforgettable stag do or hen party without breaking the bank!
And once the dog’s fun ends after the final race, there’s a world of fun in Sheffield’s city centre, nearby Kelham Island, and just a stone’s throw away from Owlerton, like Napoleons Casino, to continue the celebrations.
Looking for games to go alongside your hen party and stag do ideas? We’ve compiled a list of hilarious games that can be played at your table at Owlerton Stadium in between the races…
- Stag/Hen Trivia – How well do you know the bride or groom?
- Jenga Truth or Dare – Write dares and truths on Jenga blocks!
- Board and Card Games – There are plenty of miniature games to purchase.
- Hen/Stag Bingo
- Wedding Charades
- Wedding ‘Taboo’ Words – Choose words the group isn’t allowed to say related to weddings!
- Stag/Hen Emoji Pictionary – What marriage phrase are the emojis representing?
- Wedding Word Scramble – Guests must unscramble wedding related words within a time limit.
- Wedding Memory Lane – Showcase old photos of the bride or groom.
There are plenty more that are racetrack-friendly, let us know what you find!
VIP Bash Blueprint: Your Checklist to a Stellar Stag and Hen
- Lock in the date that works best for the group’s schedules – most importantly the VIP, the bride or groom.
- Create a star-studded guest list and let them know well in advance.
- Determine a budget that suits all partygoers – consider accommodation, meals, and transportation.
- Contact the Owlerton team to reserve your date and choose your packages.
- Book your accommodation if your group is coming from out of Sheffield.
- Amp up the day by choosing a theme – if you want one!
- Plan any pre-activities to enjoy before our gates open (5pm Friday, 5:30pm Saturday, 12:30pm Sundays).
- Plan transportation – do you want to arrive at Owlerton Stadium in style? Perhaps a limo, party bus, or maybe even on unicorn-back? Options are limitless!
- Send your invitations that include all the important details.
- Organise any games, prizes, costumes, decorations, surprises, etc.
- Designate roles to group members e.g. chief photographer, vibes coordinator.
- Distribute Owlerton’s menu so guests can pre-plan their meals and any dietary requirements – let’s make sure everyone’s tastebuds are tingling.
- Take a look at greyhound betting and the racetrack experience if guests have never visited the dogs before, our staff will be able to help you onsite with any questions.
- The golden rule: HAVE FUN!
Grab your preferred stag do or hen party date for this year!