Ensuring betting and gambling stays fun
Betting and gambling should be a fun and enjoyable experience, however Sheffield Sports Stadium Ltd understands that for a small minority of people it can be
- Do you miss work, university or change your daily routine to enable you to gamble?
- Do you gamble because you feel bored or unhappy with your life or current situation?
- If you run out of money when you are gambling do you feel despair and want to gamble again as soon as possible?
- When you gamble do you continue until all your money has gone, even money you needed to get you home or eat?
- Have you ever lied about the amount of money you have spent when gambling, or the numbers of hours you have spent in gambling establishments?
- Have other people ever commented on your gambling?
- Have you ever lied, stolen or borrowed money to gamble with or to cover debts you have established whilst gambling?
- Do you set money aside for gambling and are you unwilling to spend it on anything else?
- Has your interest in gambling caused you to lose interest in family friends and hobbies?
- If you gamble and lose do you feel that you must gamble again to win back the money that you have just lost?
- Do arguments, problems and disappointments in life make you feel that you want to gamble?
- Do you feel depressed or suicidal because of your gambling?
The more times you answer yes to these questions the higher the chance is that your gambling may be causing you harm.
Sheffield Sports Stadium offers all its patrons the opportunity to self-exclude if they feel that their gambling is or could be causing them harm. For further details on how to self-exclude please contact the Stadium General Manager on 0114 234 3074.
Self-exclusion is a formal process by which the individual can ask not to be permitted to the premises of Sheffield Sports Stadium Ltd. The self-exclusion will last for a minimum of six months once signed.
Please note any self-exclusion agreement would be dependent upon the customer providing a true photographic likeness of themselves to aid in their exclusion from the stadium.
No person under the age of 18 years shall be permitted to bet or gamble on the premises of Sheffield Sports Stadium Ltd. Areas where gaming machines are present may be subject to restriction from under 18s. Anyone under the age of 18 found to be gambling or betting may be asked to leave the premises.
Sheffield Sports Stadium Ltd has internet partners that offer gambling and betting services to internet users. Each of these partners is fully responsible for the governing of their gaming provision and any gaming will take place on a separate site from the Owlerton Stadium URL.
There are various third party applications that are available to ensure that parents or guardians of underage people can stop access such gaming provision sites: